Sunday, June 14, 2009

I have been honoured

Once again a Leftist has set up a blog specifically designed to "answer" me. See here. It is by "Toaf", a pseudonym for Melbourne tofu enthusiast Damian Doyle.

Toaf used to comment in reply to my posts on Western Heart but gave that up when I gave him a few zingers by way of rejoinders. His claim that he was married to a "dark-skinned" woman was rather amusing. He seemed to lose his mojo when I pointed out that she was in fact a fair-skinned Chinese woman.

Anyway, his new blog is so far confined to questioning the various occasions when I have pointed out that the perpetrators of violence against Indians in Melbourne have mainly been Africans. What is amusing about that is that he challenged me about that previously -- in a comment on Western Heart -- and when I promptly gave him a link substantiating the truth of my statement he rather withered.

It seems that he only feels safe talking to fellow Leftists now.

Anyway, I clearly should give him some reply. The first thing to note, of course, is that racial aspects of crime are fiercely covered up in Victoria -- as Andrew Bolt demonstrates. So in those circumstances it is not easy to uncover the truth. And the coverup has become almost watertight this year. Last year, however, the censorship was not so tight so a few links from then: For instance, we read here "an article in the Cranbourne Leader suggesting that transit police believed Sudanese men were responsible for 99% of assaults and armed robberies on two Victorian rail lines" -- which is where most of the attacks on Indians come in. Attacks on Indian Taxi Drivers were mainly African. Africans were said to be so involved in street crime that the police wanted them out of Melbourne. We also read a comment about Africans from a police officer contradicting what the police Commissioner was saying: "They walk around in packs," said an officer who wanted to remain anonymous. "It's a real problem at the moment for us." Note that the attacks on Indians have mostly been pack attacks.

The over-riding thing to note here, however, is that my statements have been designed to circumvent a coverup -- so start out under a big handicap. And if Doyle hasn't noticed how rarely anything is said about the race of those who attack the Indians, he is deliberately blind. And if he HAS noticed, he needs to remember the importance of "the dog that didn't bark" in another Doyle's story: "The Silver Blaze".

Anyway, here are a few more headlines about Africans in Australia that Doyle might like to Google. The Africans have not been here long and there are relatively few of them but they sure have made their mark:

Scarborough brawl an isolated incident: police
Burswood attack costs victim eyesight
Bid to stop cab licence for killer
Customer attacked by machete in Coburg cafe
African gangs assault Melbourne taxi drivers
African gang hunted over Victorian taxi robberies
African gang behind Granville stabbing murder
African gang wanted over stabbing murder
Barbaric third world rituals becoming popular in Australia
African gang attacks woman in Wagga Wagga
African arrested over million dollar net scam
Rwandan invader charged with rape
Police vs Africans - Race tensions boil over in Flemington
African gang terrorizing Melbourne hospital visitors
Racial tensions in Darwin’s African community
African mob attacks Flemington police
Violent attacks scar two for life
Charity worker and wife attacked on Christmas Eve
Islander and African gangs rob people in Newcastle
Robbery, Moorooka
Broad daylight bag snatch
Attempted child abduction in Huntingdale
Appeal for information about alleged assault — Ashfield
Police search for backpacker bashers
Armed robbery, Acacia Ridge
Lone Sydney motorist robbed at gunpoint
Armed robbery
Armed hold-up outside train station
African gang wanted over robbery in Moorooka
16-year-old girl robbed in Runcorn
Man stabbed in Eden Hill
Attempted abduction in Raymond Terrace
Teenage girl escapes abductor
Teenage girl escapes latest snatch bid
Robbery at Perth's Curtin University
Armed African gang in wallet grab
African teen punches elderly volunteer unconcious
African wanted over takeaway robbery
Rock-throwing Africans bash and rob motorist
African assaults girl at Sydney pool
Brutal bashing at Melbourne train station caught on film
Ethnic gangs fuelling fears of a race war
Police seek indecent assault witnesses
Charges soon over murder of Sudanese schoolboy
Another assault at ‘house of horrors’
Sudanese gang grabs woman off street
Sudanese refugee ‘possessed’ when he killed wife
Welcome to Noble Park
Sudanese refugee on visa rapes woman in Toowoomba
Mean streets of Melbourne
Sudanese and Indian taxi drivers brawl at Melbourne airport
Sexual assault & robbery

My personal view is that anybody who comes to Australia as a refugee -- be they black, white or polka-dotted -- should be sent back whence they came if they commit crimes of violence against other residents of the country that has so kindly given them refuge.

NAB to introduce Muslim-friendly loans

These sound rather a good idea -- for both the bank and the customer

ONE of Australia's major banks is planning to introduce "Muslim-friendly" loans that do not charge interest, to comply with Sharia law, The Sunday Telegraph reports. Instead, the National Australia Bank will structure an Islam-approved line of finance to make money from alternative methods. These include profit-sharing on the transaction, joint-ventures or leasing-type arrangements.

For example, to get round the Islamic ban on usury - or unfair lending - a Muslim mortgage often works by the bank buying the property, then selling it to the customer at a profit, with the customer then repaying the entire sum in instalments. In this way the profit margin is built in from the start. It also has the advantage of making the loan immune from future interest rate rises.

NAB said the loans, which will start out small, will have to be cleared by a Sharia Advisory Board to ensure they meet strict criteria before they can be made available to the public. "We are dipping our toe in the water with this scheme and thought we may be able to offer this product in high-density Muslim areas," said Richard Peters, head of community finance and development at NAB. "We suspect there is demand out there, but we don't know how big it is, so we will trial a few products first."

For the trial's purposes NAB will pump $15 million from its not-for-profit finance division into the program, which will distribute the funds through various community finance schemes around the country.

The bank will monitor the take-up and assess potential demand. Interest-free loans of up to $1000 will be available to help finance household items, such as washing machines and fridges. The loans would also be available to non-Muslims.


Amazing Queensland government move! The end of the free lunch! Has any other government in the world done this?

CATERED government functions, including free lunches for Cabinet ministers and free car parking and most interstate travel for public servants, will be a thing of the past after Tuesday's State Budget.

Treasurer Andrew Fraser and Premier Anna Bligh warned everything was under review as they shaped the toughest Budget in decades, and now it seems even more than previously thought will be "off the menu".

Mr Fraser will announce yet another serious crackdown on public service spending – up from the scheduled $80 million cut for 2009-10 to $280 million – in his second Budget. The measure, running through to 2012 at the earliest, will result in more than $600 million slashed from government department spending over that three-year period...

Mr Fraser said ministers received lunch at every Monday Cabinet meeting, but that would stop, saving about $30,000 a year. Other government-catered functions would be cut back. And parking spaces leased from private car-parking buildings would be scrapped. "Modern businesses are lean, dynamic organisations. Queensland taxpayers would expect nothing less from their public service," he said.

"I expect government agencies to embrace the electronic age and cut the fat out of corporate travel. We must take advantage of innovations like video conferencing rather than spending money on airfares."

"A 25 per cent cut in advertising by the Government is critical to making savings, as is the $50 million I will direct Government to save on consultants, supplies, services, computers, stationery, catering and similar areas."


Health, women's groups demand ban on Skinny Blonde beer

A NEW beer that promises to leave drinkers holding a naked woman before they finish the last drop has been labelled dangerous and sexist. Health and women's groups called for Skinny Blonde beer to be banned. And they want the Advertising Standards Bureau to investigate the provocative ad campaign.

Using modern ink technology, the low-carb beer label features a 1950s-style pin-up called Daisy, whose red bikini disappears as the beer level drops and the bottle warms up. An internet advertising campaign on the Skinny Blonde website allows users to pick their favourite "skinny blonde" and watch her undress. The site, launched last week, has already received more than 60,000 hits.

Women's Forum Australia spokeswoman Melinda Tankard Reist slammed the beer and its advertising as degrading and inappropriate. "This is another blatant example of the alcohol industry objectifying women to move product," she said. Ms Tankard Reist said the product was not only socially irresponsible, but had the potential to harm women. "There is a huge body of research that shows the highly sexual use of women to sell products can cause a range of psychological issues among women," she said. "This is demeaning, inappropriate and troubling."

The beer, made by an independent brewer, is available in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane with offers to stock the beer coming from New Zealand the UK. Skinny Blonde spokesman Hamish Rosser said the beer was supposed to be a "bit of cheeky fun". "We were looking for some ideas that would gain attention," said Mr Rosser, a former member of The Vines rock band. "This generation of Aussies have grown up on the beach and topless girls in bikinis are commonplace. "The label and website is in no way meant to offend women or anyone else, rather embrace the Australian beach culture."

But VicHealth chief Todd Harper slammed the use of nudity to encourage drinking. "The website should be shut down and we should be using this as an opportunity to review the way the alcohol industry promotes products and enjoys the benefit of self-regulation in relation to alcohol advertising," Mr Harper said. "Alcohol is responsible for a significant degree of harm within our community whether it be in the form of violence, accident or long-term health problems." He called for an Advertising Standards Bureau crackdown


Inadequate government warning signage kills 11 people in train crash

Only warning to drivers of an approaching train were flashing lights that could not be seen against a background of sun glare

Truck driver Christiaan Scholl has been acquitted of all charges in relation to a train crash near the Victorian town of Kerang that killed 11 people. Scholl, 50, and his wife Di showed little reaction when the jury delivered its verdict but sobbed and hugged each other once the judge left the Supreme Court in Bendigo. Victims' families cried as the not guilty verdicts were returned. The jury had deliberated for a day-and-a-half before returning the verdict about 12.20pm today.

Scholl, of Wangaratta, pleaded not guilty to 11 counts of culpable driving and eight of negligently causing serious injury in relation to the crash on June 5, 2007.

The Crown case was that Scholl's driving was grossly negligent because he failed to keep a proper lookout and approach the crossing at a speed that would have allowed him to stop.

The court heard that in 2007 the crossing was fitted with lights and bells, which truck drivers said they could not hear from a distance. It has since been upgraded to include boom gates, rumble strips and advance warning signs.

Scholl, who had travelled the crossing about 250 times in the five years leading up to the crash, said he checked the crossing's warning lights on his approach but did not see them flash and considered it safe to proceed. His lawyer Terry Forrest, QC, said Scholl had not appreciated that there was an oncoming train due to "wicked deficiencies in that crossing for north-bound traffic". Two other drivers travelling behind Scholl on the day of the crash gave evidence that they did not see the crossing's warning lights flash until they were about 100 metres away.

A traffic engineer called by the defence, David Axip, described sun glare as "atrocious" after conducting a reconstruction of the crash in similar weather conditions.

Killed in the crash were Stephanie Meredith, 46, and her daughters Danielle, 8, and Chantal, 5; Geoffrey McMonnies, 50, and his daughter Rosanne, 17; Jean Webb, 79; Margaret Wishart, 78; Harold Long, 83; Nicholas Parker, 32; Jaeseok Lee, 26; and Matthew Stubbs, 13.


No comments: